- Surly Little Dummy Bag, black, front view with closure straps un-done
- Surly Little Dummy Bag, black, front three-quarter view with closure straps un-done
- Surly Little Dummy Bag, black, rear view of rack mounting straps
- Surly Little Dummy Bag, black, rear three-quarter view mounted on rear rack
- Surly Little Dummy Bag, black, front three-quarter view mounted on rear rack
Little Dummy Bag
The Surly Little Dummy Bag is a 15L sling-style bag designed to work with your standard rear rack and help you carry grocery bags, fishing poles, and other oddly shaped ephemera. Unlike traditional panniers that clip on and off real fast, we wanted a cargo solution that you could leave mounted to your bike when you’re off playing laser tag. The idea is you just throw your backpack or whatever in there, turn the cranks awhile, and then pull out your gear when you’ve arrived. Quite slick. You can still scatter schoolbooks and loose cans of tuna inside the Little Dummy if you want, but the bag-within-a-bag method makes unpacking quicker.
Use the system of daisy chains and One-Wrap® straps to secure baguettes, flutes, and other stuff that might stick out. Cinch the side straps to further stabilize your load. And for extra credit, use your favorite Surly Whip Lash or Junk Strap to make your setup work the way you want. There’s also a small zippered compartment inside the bag, if you’re into pockets.
Oh, and we should also probably mention that the bag’s 1680D nylon main body and 400D nylon liner are bluesign® Approved. So are the buckles and other hardware. That means the materials are sustainably produced to have the lowest possible impact on humanoids and our environment.