Ice Cream Truck is the bike we reach for when we don’t really know what the trail has in store.
The Largest Tire Clearance on a Fat Bike Frame
From log and root covered ribbons of twisty singletrack to miles of powdery snow or sandy beaches, Ice Cream Truck can handle it all. Hell, you could probably even hop over a grizzly if the situation arises. Probably.
While we could certainly throw out terms like “confidence-inspiring” and “traction-laden” to describe Ice Cream Truck, those phrases are mostly bullshit, so we’re not going to do that. We’re not here to inspire you, and we didn’t laden it with anything. What we did do was design a monolith of a trail bike that doesn’t give two shits about what’s in front of it.
- Long toptube, short seatstays, and a 68-degree headtube angle makes it tight and maneuverable on fast, technical terrain
- Modern trail bike standards like stealth dropper post routing, 44mm headtube, and thru-axles
- Clearance for a full 26” x 5” tire on 100mm rims
- 5/5 with Tire Clearance Tire Clearance: 5 out of 5
- 5/5 with Snow and Sand Snow and Sand: 5 out of 5
- 5/5 with Singletrack Singletrack: 5 out of 5
- 4/5 with Bikepacking Bikepacking: 4 out of 5
NOTE: You can ride your bike wherever the hell you want, but this is what we think this bike is best at.
#icecreamtruck Image Dump
Tag your Instagram Images with #SurlyMakeItYourOwn and your bike may show up here.
This is a carousel that displays an Instagram feed of Surly bikes. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate.
Where to Buy
* Specification and pricing subject to change without notice
Surly Ice Cream Truck, 100% Surly Chromoly steel, Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, trumpet flared tubes, TIG welded, E.D. coated
Surly Ice Cream Truck, 100% Surly Chromoly steel, Natch tubing, double-butted tapered fork blades, TIG welded, E.D. coated. 483mm axle to crown, 47mm offset. 51mm IS front standard disc mount. 150mm x 15mm thru axle dropouts (axle included).
- Seatpost Clamp
- Stainless 33.1 collar, Black
- Cane Creek
- SRAM DB Level TL Hydraulic or Tektro Gemini Hydraulic
- Shimano SLX SL-M7100
- Kalloy 31.8
- Salsa Rustler 31.8
- Selle Italia
- Kalloy 30.9mm
- Race Face Aeffect or Ride, 30t
- Bottom Bracket
- Race Face
- Front Derailleur
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano SLX RD-M7100 12-Speed
- Cog or cogset
- Shimano SLX 10-51t, 12-speed
- KMC X12
- Front Hub
- Novatec 150x15mm
- Rear Hub
- OE 197x12mm, Shimano Microspline
- Surly My Other Brother Daryl Rims, 32h
- Surly Bud & Lou, 26 x 4.8", 120tpi, tubeless ready
Complete bike spec subject to change
Select a few bike sizes to compare.
|Reach||15.9 405||16.8 427||17.7 449||18.6 472|
|Stack||23.1 588||23.5 598||23.9 607||24.3 616|
|Head Tube Angle||68°||68°||68°||68°|
|Head Tube Length||3.7 95||4.1 105||4.5 115||4.9 125|
|Seat Tube Length||14.4 366||16.5 419||18.5 470||20.5 521|
|BB Drop||2.4 60||2.4 60||2.4 60||2.4 60|
|Wheelbase||43.5 1105||44.5 1131||45.6 1157||46.5 1182|
|Chainstay Length||17.3 440||17.3 440||17.3 440||17.3 440|
|Top Tube Length, Actual||21.9 556||22.6 573||23.4 595||24.5 623|
|Top Tube Length, Effective||23.0 585||24.0 610||25.0 635||26.0 660|
|Seat Tube Angle||73°||73°||73°||73°|
|Standover Height||30.6 777||31.6 803||32.7 831||33.9 860|
|Stem Length||2.4 60||2.8 70||3.1 80||3.5 90|
|Handlebar Width||29.5 750||31.49 800||31.49 800||31.49 800|
|Crank Length||6.7 170||6.9 175||6.9 175||6.9 175|
|Fork Length||19.0 483||19.0 483||19.0 483||19.0 483|
|Fork Rake||1.9 47||1.9 47||1.9 47||1.9 47|
- Frame Construction
4130 Chromoly, Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, trumpet flared tubes, TIG welded, ED coated
- Fork Construction
4130 Chromoly, Natch tubing, double-butted tapered fork blades, TIG welded, ED coated
- Rear Dropout Configuration
Horizontal slotted with optional vertical dumpout
- Rear Hub Spacing
12 x 197mm (Surly axle included)
10 x 190mm with Surly 10/12 Adapter Washers (not included)
- Front Hub Spacing
15 x 150mm (Surly axle included)
- Rear Brake
Disc - 51mm I.S. (203mm max rotor)
- Front Brake
Disc - 51mm I.S. (203mm max rotor)
- Head Tube
- Steerer Tube
- Crown Race
- Stock Headset Upper (S.H.I.S.)
- Stock Headset Lower (S.H.I.S.)
- Seat Collar
- Front Derailleur (Clamp)
High direct mount top-pull (Ø34.9mm)
55mm offset adapter (not included)
- Max Chainring (CL)
1x (Fat bike 190): 34T 
2x (Surly OD): 22/36T
- Bottom Bracket
100mm threaded (1.37" x 24TPI)
- Tire Clearance Frame /
26 x 5.1" (rear axle position)
26 x 4.8" (front axle position)
29 x 3.0"
- Tire Clearance Fork 
26 x 5.25"
29 x 3.0"
- Rigid Fork Spec
483 x 47mm
- Max Suspension Fork Length 
571 x 51mm (Fatbike 140mm)
- Bottle Mounts Frame
1 Standard (XS - M)
2 Standard (L - XXL)
- Bottle Mounts Fork
- Rack Mounts Frame
Yes (upper and lower threaded)
- Rack Mounts Fork
Yes (upper, lower, and mid-blade threaded)
- Fender Mounts Frame
- Fender Mounts Fork
- Other Features
Internal dropper post routing compatible
 Different tire and rim combinations will result in different clearances.
 Depending on drivetrain configuration, tire clearance may be limited by the chain and not frame.
 Listed chainring clearance is worst case scenario. Clearances vary widely depending on components and configurations.
 Suspension fork length listed at full extension (not at sag
 SRAM cranks not recommended due to inadequate crank arm clearance from the frame (narrow Q-Factor)
FAQ & Reviews
This Surly product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of retail purchase of the product, subject to the limitations detailed below. Save your dated receipt for proof of purchase.
This warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user or assembler
- Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
- Installation of components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with bicycle as sold
- Damage or deterioration to the paint, surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
- Normal wear and tear
- Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, at the option of Surly, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Surly product and is not transferrable. This warranty applies only to products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor. In no event shall Surly be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein.
This limited warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. This limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.