Just Throwin’ this Out There
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013
Here's a few things that I've just accepted as truth over the years:
- The decline of the bench seat marked the decline of society.
- Belly button lint is blue no matter what color shirt you wear.
- Never try to stay dry at a pool party.
- It doesn’t lightning in the winter.
- Life’s better if you make a little room for magic from time to time.
- Van Halen’s Van Halen came out in early 1978. Think about that for a minute.
- Truckers don’t like being passed on the right.
- Casing a jump is better than rolling it. For the soul anyways.
- The person who is right and the person being stubborn are rarely the same person.
- Purple popsicles are rock hard compared to all the other colors at the same temperature.
- You’ve got a short time between when a t-shirt becomes comfortable and when you lose or ruin it.
- Show me a woodworker and I’ll show you someone who hates sawdust.
- If you waited thirty minutes for that pizza to cook, you can wait another five for it to cool down.
- Using the wrong bait only wastes your time and annoys the fish.
- Black Sabbath sold their soul for Rock & Roll.
- Animals and people rarely share the same problems.
- If an ice cream shop doesn’t have chocolate chip, you’re in the wrong place.
- Some things need to be taken seriously, and those things are few and far between.
- Plumb is always plumb and level is always level everywhere I’ve been.
- Whatever it is you’re good at, there’s somebody out there better than you at it.
- If you take it easy on someone who is operating out of their element, there’s a good chance they’ll do the same for you some time down the road.
- Spend the money and get the good one.
- When a blues singer fires up an upbeat song, better stick around for the whole thing: